When we got back to our hotel we showered and waited for the bus to take us to the train station for another sleepless train ride through the night. We arrived back in Hanoi around 6 am and spent the rest of the day walking around the city and emailing.

That evening we flew to Ho Chi Minh. Our flight was delayed so we arrived in the city around 10:30 pm. Most of the hotels were booked, so we had to search pretty hard to find a good deal. Oh boy, did we find quite the deal. After I told our hostel owner that we were looking for a room under ten dollars, he responded that she did have one special room that she forgot to mention. She said that she had one room that she only offers to Vietnamese-sized tourist, and she would be happy to show it to me. The room was located on the sixth floor (A.K.A the family’s personal floor) of the hotel. We are pretty sure that the bedroom belongs to one of the girls in the family. It has a wedding picture and someone’s clothes shoved under the bed. The room was definitely Vietnamese-sized, and I am definitely not Vietnamese-sized. I can’t stand up straight without hitting my head on the ceiling. Check out the bathroom in the picture. I have to duck to wash my hair or look in the mirror. The door to our room doesn’t have a lock or even shut all the way, but the hotel worker told me not to worry because no other tourists will be going up there. We definitely got quite the deal.

0 comments:

Find It