After church we took the local bus to Battambang. The bus was supposed to be air conditioned, but the air didn’t work. The outside temperature was in the 90s, and the bus felt like a sauna with a mixture of body odor and fish scent that permeated the air. I just sat with my eyes closed for the first hour of the ride and wondered how I was going to survive six hours. After we took a break and I got some fresh air, I felt much better. Toward the end of our ride, it started to rain and the bus cooled off a little bit. Then the driver turned on some Cambodian music videos to entertain us for the rest of the trip. That night Sonja and I agreed to let some drivers to take us around the province of Battambang on their motorcycles the next day. Then we laughed about the fact that we had just arranged for some random men to take us out into the middle of nowhere on their motorbikes.

0 comments:

Find It