The next day we wished the other Americans a happy fourth of July, and after a breakfast of delicious banana pancakes, we began our hike back to the town of Sapa. As we were hiking and admiring the beautiful landscape, I thought about all the freedoms and opportunities I have been given. Although Sapa is beautiful, I am not envious of the lifestyle the people who live there, and I am grateful for the opportunities I have. As we were hiking through one of the villages, our guide decided to stop and buy some fruit from one of the families. She started knocking fruit out of a tree with a stick, and our job was to pick it out of the water buffalo manure. It was pretty disgusting. When she was finished she offered to let everyone try some of the fruit, but no took her up on her offer.

0 comments:

Find It