The next morning we went to the track around 6:30 and walked around for a little bit. It was so hot, so we decided to walk to the Russian Market before it got any hotter. I don’t think Sonja enjoyed the walk in the heat, but I love walking through the streets and seeing all the interesting things that are happening in the city. Sonja described Phnom Penh as the dirtiest, stickiest city we have visited. I think she’s right, but I still enjoy it. At the market, we bought a few souvenirs for our families, and each of us bought new shorts and shirts that we are so excited to wear. My other shirts are starting to get holes in them and stretched out from all the hand washing. Our clothes, in general, have a permanent scent of rose soap (which I think I might be allergic to since I keep getting a rash when I use it) and body odor. It will be wonderful to finally wear something that is really clean. We spent the rest of the afternoon watching the news and reading in our room.

1 comments:

Whitney said...
on

Gah! You're finally there! I think it's funny that my mom said it was so stinky and dirty. I loved it and I hope she comes to love it just as much. (: I'm glad Bohr's books is still there!!! I saw that picture and it made my day. I'm living my summer vicariously through you. So live it up, Tonya! I love you guys!

Find It