We left for Phnom Penh, Cambodia at 6:30 am. Our bus was full of people and random goods that were being sent to Cambodia for retail. There were about six garbage bags full of water and fish sloshing around on the shelves above our heads, and we were glad that they didn’t fall during the rough ride. Getting our visa at the border was really easy. Our bus drivers took care of everything. However, the bus driver tried to make me to pay him extra money for our visas. I think I gave him an extra $.50, but we refused to give him anything more. We arrived in Phnom Penh about 1:00, and we headed for the guesthouse I’ve stayed at during my last two summers here. As we started walking down the guesthouse street, I heard several men shouting, “Hey, I know you. I know you. You were here last year.” Apparently the tuk tuk drivers have not forgotten me. Some of them even remembered my name.

0 comments:

Find It