We started our adventure at six in the morning, and we had a great time with our drivers. My driver’s name was Kim. He had grown up in a refugee camp in Thailand, and he loved to talk and would ask for my opinion about many things. For example, he asked if I believed that he could get a girlfriend if he brought a gift to the large statue in the front of the city and prayed to it. I told him that I wasn’t sure, but I did believe in the power of prayer. He also asked what I thought about smoking and drinking alcohol and if he could make good money working as a sales clerk in the states. He was a lot of fun to talk to. I also loved riding through the countryside and learning about rice production. As we were riding around, my driver would quiz me on the various fruit trees in the region. He also asked if we wanted to plant some rice, which we did. However, we told us that we would have to spend the rest of the day muddy because there weren’t any waterfalls or rivers near to clean up in.

1 comments:

Shawn Leen said...
on

hello! nice trips!
have you ever thought about coming to China? and celebrate the Olympics with the whole world!? Beijing welcomes you, and china welcomes you! Welcome to China!

Find It