When we finally arrived in the village, we walked around a little bit, and then some local girls gave us a massage. Considering how dirty we were, I couldn’t believe they actually touched us. We spent the evening playing cards and visiting. Then we tried to sleep. However, the bamboo floor and the roosters crowing at 2:45 am made sleep a little difficult. Today we have been very tired, but the hike out was a lot easier than the hike up to the village. Part of the way through our hike, the guide told me that my flip flops were doing well, which made me feel better since he didn’t seem to happy that I wore them. I must admit the hike would have been much easier in real shoes.

1 comments:

Debi said...
on

That looks like a nice way to cool off after a long hard hike! It looks beautiful.
Mom

Find It