That night we got ready for our two day trek that was starting in the morning. As I was sitting on my bed, I started to get nervous about the fact that my knees were covered with blisters and so swollen that you couldn’t see my knee caps, and it was becoming more difficult to bend them. I couldn’t imagine trying to do a hike like we had done in Thailand, much less sit on a raft all day and exposing them to more sun. I decided I should probably get some bandages to cover them up, so I went down stairs to ask the guesthouse owners where a pharmacy was located. When they saw my legs, two of the girls made funny noises and ran out of the room. They came back with eucalyptus and started rubbing it all over my blisters. I couldn’t believe they were willing to touch my knees. The eucalyptus really took away the burning sensation, and Sonja and I went to the pharmacy to get some bandages.

0 comments:

Find It