Well, my adventures in Asia have begun, and I have both good news and bad news to report. The good news is I made all my flight connections and easily found Sonja in the Bangkok airport (there weren’t too many people in the airport at 2:00 am). The bad news is arriving at the Bangkok airport was a little more difficult for my luggage. While I was waiting for my luggage to come out of the carousel, I heard, “Miss Tripp. Miss Tripp.” When I turned around the airport worker informed me that my luggage wasn’t sent with our flight. She told me it should arrive in Bangkok sometime after 1:00. When I told her I would be in Chiang Mai at 1:00, she asked me for my baggage ticket. Unfortunately my baggage sticker had been placed on the back of my ticket from Taipei to Bangkok and was taken from me as I boarded the plane. As they took it from me, I had a funny feeling I might need it later on. Well, the good news is my pack is really light, and I can probably buy most of the things I need for very cheap, except underwear and bug spray, and there is still a possibility that my bag might show up in Chiang Mai.

2 comments:

Amy said...
on

Yeah! Thanks for the e-mail and the link to your blog. I'm excited to hear about your next big adventure. Your amazing Tonya! Have a wonderful trip. I'll be checking in. Love ya!

Whitney said...
on

Ah that's awful about the luggage! Thank goodness you probably weren't packing anything really essential, like you said. I'm so jealous of the both of you! I'll be thinking of you while I work my 8-hour shifts at Costco. (:

Find It